Otaku Life Radio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kino's Journey (Anime)

Go down

Kino's Journey (Anime) Empty Kino's Journey (Anime)

Post  division-ten Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:31 pm

Not all anime were based on manga. Some are original creations (and even get manga based off them, like Samurai Champloo).

But, sometimes, anime can be based off regular books. Kino's Journey is one such anime.

If someone told you that they're watching a answome anime based off a series of philisophical noves from the 90's about thought provoking topics like the misuse of religion and the removal of culture in ociety, you'd probably be hesitant to check it out. Kino's Journey is not a very typical show, even with these plot elements, no mecha or samurai or even romance can be found in this series. Id doesn't really fit a genre. And the American dub? None of the main characters are voiced by famous VA's (although you'll hear some farmilliar sounds from the bit parts). None of them.

But its really, really good.

Clocking in at only 13 episodes, the storyine is far from linear. With the exception of Avengers, which is one two-part story, the set of 12 storylines can be seen in any order you like. In fact, the final episode chronologically is the very first one you see. Instead, the show is arranged like Haruhi is- thematically. Seeing it in the order they give you gives you a thematic overview.

And once you watch it once, you'll probably want to rearrange the episodes and see them a whole new way all over again- it's one of the few shows I've ever seen multiple times.

Yes, I give it great praise but have any of you seen it? Love it? Hate it? Give me your two cents!
division-ten
division-ten

Back to top Go down