Otaku Life Radio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majin Tantei Nogami Neuro (Anime or Manga)

Go down

Majin Tantei Nogami Neuro (Anime or Manga) Empty Majin Tantei Nogami Neuro (Anime or Manga)

Post  division-ten Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:11 pm

I doubt this show will EVER come to the US. It's so obscure that not even fansubbers have picked it up. But its so weird, so wonderfully delectable I can't put it down. I first made contact with it when reading my Japanese Jump issues (we have a bookstore called Kinokunia close to my house that sells a nifty amount of imports, including where I got my Mushishi DVDs.

I hated the art style, admittedly, reminds me a lot like Zatch Bell. Too much so that I thought it was a spinoff manga and put it down. Then I played the Jump Ultimate Stars video game and the Neuro characters popped up again, and I was somehow compelled to check it out. The combination of food humor and closed-door murder scenarios was an unusual combo, but growing up on Encyclopedia Brown and Sherlock books made it a good anime for me to practice my Japanese- considering that its completely unavailable in English.

I know ANN has put in quite a few good words about this franchise, anyone else know anything about it?
division-ten
division-ten

Back to top Go down