Otaku Life Radio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jigoku Shoujo - Hell Girl (Anime)

Go down

Jigoku Shoujo - Hell Girl (Anime) Empty Jigoku Shoujo - Hell Girl (Anime)

Post  TimeChaser Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:20 pm

Jigoku Shoujo
Produced by Aniplex & Studio Deen
26 Episodes
Type: Horror

From the back of the DVD:
Beyond the veil of midnight lies a website, Hellcorrespondence.com. Type in the name of one upon which you desire retribution...
And it will be served.

Jigoku Shoujo was orginally brodcast in Japan from October 2005-April 2006.

Enma Ai is the Hell Girl. If you are tormented by someone, send her the name of that person at midnight and she will ferry their soul to Hell. But be warned: once you enter into this pact, when you die your soul will also belong to Hell.

Although the first half of the series tends to be episodic and somewhat repetative, I was still highly entertained. But I'm a sucker for good anime horror anyway.

Around Episode 6 a couple of recurring characters are introduced: Hajime Shibata, a journalist of dubious morals who is investigating the rumors of Hell Girl, and his daughter Tsugumi, who develops a strange connection with Ai and is able to see whenever she is about to take another victim to Hell. Over the course of the series, these characters grow in importance and we also learn more about Ai's past and how she became the Hell Girl.

The overall package was presented well: animation, story, and epsecially the music. I'll definitely be looking for the OST of this one.

The series will air uncut later this year on IFC (International Film Channel).
TimeChaser
TimeChaser

Back to top Go down