Otaku Life Radio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DIY Week of Nov 21

3 posters

Go down

DIY Week of Nov 21 Empty DIY Week of Nov 21

Post  division-ten Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:40 am

Ask your cosplay questions for PixieKitty and Neongenocide's Nov 21st show here!
division-ten
division-ten

Back to top Go down

DIY Week of Nov 21 Empty hey Pixiekitty!

Post  draculabackwards Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:27 pm

I don't know if you remember me but I was teh cosplayer who had issues with being a guy and a cat boy at Neko con. But it went well Lots of glomps!! Very Happy

But I have another question. I like visual kei bands but VK is also considered a fashion. Am I cosplaying as visual kei or am i just adopting a new fashion for a weekend, Question

draculabackwards

Back to top Go down

DIY Week of Nov 21 Empty Re: DIY Week of Nov 21

Post  Mari Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:00 am

draculabackwards wrote:
But I have another question. I like visual kei bands but VK is also considered a fashion. Am I cosplaying as visual kei or am i just adopting a new fashion for a weekend, Question

( ゚Д゚).........

Wow, it's funny, because I've been part of this debate with several people for the past few months, and I've done some research on it too. I'm not sure what pixiekitty's take on the fashion/cosplay debate is, but in my opinion, there is a distinct difference between calling it cosplay or adoption of fashion. If you are dressing up as a specific band member or visual kei idol, that is considered cosplay. If you are just dressing up in visual kei style, perhaps inspired by a band but not actually portraying a specific member, that is adopting fashion. It's a somewhat blurry line sometimes.

There is a huge debate on this with lolita fashion as well. In the United States, because of the introduction of the lolita subculture in anime, Americans (and the rest of the world) have come to see lolita as part of anime and therefore say they "cosplay" as lolitas. Lolitas really hate this, because to them, lolita is a fashion, subculture and way of life, not cosplay.

Really interested on hearing your take on this pixiekitty and neongenocide~

Mari

http://www.tenbuproductions.com

Back to top Go down

DIY Week of Nov 21 Empty Re: DIY Week of Nov 21

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down